What to do when facial peels and masks do not give the desired effect? How to enhance the effect of creams and other care cosmetics? Try to include facial serums in your daily care. The right serum will solve any problem of your skin.
sWhat is a facial serum?
It is a concentrated composition of active ingredients. The purpose of any serum is to deliver these components to the skin cells. The active ingredients (oils, extracts, acids) penetrate deep into the skin and improve its condition after just a few applications.
Serums are very different. Depending on their purpose they can contain vitamins, antioxidants, collagen, high and low molecular weight hyaluronic acid, peptides, plant extracts, natural oils, anti-inflammatory components. There are no artificial additives in quality serums.
What makes serums unique?
Compared to creams, they have a greater depth of penetration. No, serums will not replace all skin care products, but they will make them more effective. For example, a moisturizing cream will complement a hyaluronic serum, which you can buy at the online store of natural cosmetics. Here are the key advantages of serums:
- They work specifically: you should choose them not by skin type, but by the type of problem. Serums are essential for dehydrated, problematic, age-prone, couperose-prone, oily and sensitive skin. But if there are no obvious skin problems, you can limit yourself to moisturizing or vitamin serums.
- Tone, nourish, moisturize, whiten, smooth out wrinkles, remove edema, regulate sebum production, eliminate post-acne, protect against UV radiation, etc.
- They contain maximum concentration of active ingredients. Serums contain up to 70% of active ingredients, while most creams, toners, peelers and other care products contain less than 5-10%. This explains the fact that for visible results 2-3 drops of serum are enough.
Facial serums are very economical – only a couple of drops are enough for each application. The 30 ml bottle will last a long time even with regular use of the product.
What kind of serums are there?
Serums from different brands are good in their own way. We recommend using facial serums from any of our brands: Levrana, Sativa, Jurassic Spa, Nonicare and others. Here are a few basic types of serums:
- Moisturizing. Moisturize sensitive, dry and dehydrated skin, often with hyaluronic acid as their main ingredient.
- Soothing serums. Relieve irritation due to ingredients such as allantoin, niacinamide, neurosensin, and herbal extracts.
- Exfoliating. Remove dead skin particles thanks to lactic, salicylic and glycolic acids.
- Against pigmentation. Vitamin C, arbutin, azelaic acid, and retinoids have an effect after just one application.
- Anti-aging. Smoothes out wrinkles with a high concentration of antioxidants, ceramides and peptides.
- For problem skin. AHA- and BHA-acids, retinoids, zinc, propolis and herbal extracts improve our skin’s condition.
- Against couperose. Strengthen and narrow vessels, permanently improve complexion due to the combination of oils and herbal extracts.
There are universal revitalizing (renewing) serums as well as special serums. Each one is effective if used regularly and correctly, and if you remember to take care of your skin in a holistic way.
How to apply serums correctly?
For serums to be beneficial, they need to be applied correctly. Before applying, it’s important to prepare your skin: cleanse your face with a tonic to restore the water balance before applying the serum. Here is the simple and surest way to apply the serum:
- Apply the serum to your fingertips and pat into the massage lines.
- Allow 3-5 minutes for the serum to absorb. Then gently press the rest of the serum into your skin with your fingertips.
- Apply a care cream according to your skin type, it will complement the serum and strengthen the skin’s protective barrier.
- As you can see, it’s simple. Most serums are light in texture and absorb almost instantly, but there are also greasy, oily serums. And another important and pleasant point is that you don’t need to wash the serum off.
Can I alternate between different serums?
You can and should, if you want to solve several different skin problems at once. But there are certain peculiarities to keep in mind:
- The serum for the face, which you use more often and which has a higher concentration of active ingredients, provides a noticeable result;
- Serums should complement each other (for example, moisturize and nourish dry skin, matting and regulate the sebum production of oily skin);
- serums should be used in courses, with short breaks, and make sure that the serums with acids do not cause irritation on the skin.
Remember: any facial serum is a concentrated product, you only need a couple of drops to get results. Night serums should be applied before going to bed, day serums in the morning. This approach will ensure excellent results and no skin problems.
The right serum is the best investment in beauty and youthfulness. Choose cosmetics that work and solve problems, not create them.