What are hydrogel eye patches?
The hydrogel eye patches have a lightweight formulation and a gel-like structure that soothes and cools down the skin underneath the eyes. In addition to the cooling sensation, the cold temperature of the eye patches, when kept in the fridge, also helps reduce the puffiness around the eyes. The hydrogel eye patches contain retinol, caffeine, peptides, and hyaluronic acid. While caffeine and hyaluronic acid reduce puffiness around the eyes, retinol or vitamin A and peptides promote the production of collagen. Squalene softens the skin and promotes hydration of the under-eye areas.
Other plant extracts present in the hydrogel eye patches such as cucumber and aloe vera extracts impart a calming effect on the skin as well as reduce redness and inflammation of the skin. The hydrogel eye patches also work best when used before applying makeup to your face. The eye patches also protect the delicate area around the eyes from environmental damage, reduce irritation and fine lines, and restore the radiance of the eyes.
Benefits of hydrogel eye patches
Following are the benefits of hydrogel eye patches and the reasons why these eye patches should make their way to your shopping cart.
- Hydrogel eye patches form a protective barrier over the delicate skin of under-eye areas. The barrier is evaporation-free and helps retain the moisture in the skin. It also ensures maximum penetrability of the eye patch ingredients into the skin and prevents these ingredients from leaving the skin.
- Hydrogel eye patches reduce the visible signs of aging. This property is attributable to retinol or vitamin A, vitamin C, antioxidants, and peptides. The skin around the eyes is more delicate than other regions of the face and body. The skin is subjected to the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines sooner than other regions. Vitamin C, peptides, and retinol promote the production of collagen whereas antioxidants reduce the degradation of collagen. Collagen improves the appearance, reduces the depth, and smoothens fine lines and wrinkles.
- The hydrogel eye patches contain caffeine and hyaluronic acid. These two ingredients work effectively to hydrate the eyes and reduce puffiness in the surrounding areas. While caffeine causes constriction of the blood vessels, hyaluronic acid locks in the moisture.
Four types of eye patches
- Eye patches for lymphatic drainage
Impaired lymph flow may cause the lymph to accumulate and cause puffiness around the eyes. One shall apply the eye mask and use a jade roller and/or Gua Sha tools for facilitating the drainage of lymph through the skin, reducing fatigue and puffiness around the eyes.
- Eye patches for moisturizing the skin
The eye patches containing squalene are integral for moisturization of the skin. This ingredient modulates the normal skin barrier and reduces the excessive loss of water from the skin. Such eye patches moisturize the skin and make it appear soft and smooth.
- Eye patches for aging
The wrinkle-smoothing eye patches aim at reducing the visible signs of aging. These eye patches promote the production of collagen which improves skin firmness, radiance, and elasticity. Collagen reduces the depth of wrinkles and smoothens the fine lines and wrinkles.
- Eye patches for skin nourishment
Nourishing eye patches reduce the puffiness around the eyes and have a cool and soothing effect on the skin. The eye patches contain cucumber and aloe vera extracts which help nourish and rejuvenate the skin. These eye patches work effectively even for individuals with sensitive skin.