Composition and mode of action
Our feet are always under great strain, so the care of them is extremely important. You can notice that often manufacturers call the product a foot mask, a mask-peeling. And this fully corresponds to its purpose and principle of action.
- Dissolve dead skin cells;
- Soften keratinized layer of epidermis;
- help get rid of rough skin;
- Remove corns and corns;
- improve metabolic processes;
- activate the outflow of lymph and blood circulation.
In appearance, pedicure socks resemble polyethylene medical shoe covers, simply packets with the shape of the foot. The product is hermetically sealed, the active ingredient, gel, liquid, can be placed immediately in the socks, and can be attached separately, in capsules. The socks come with instructions for use, a description on the package. The composition usually includes:
- acids – hyaluronic, lactic, citric, apple, glycolic, almond, vinegar and others;
- Extracts of medicinal plants, water or oil – chamomile, aloe, sage, saponaria, burdock, grapefruit, watercress and other plants;
- flavorings for a pleasant smell of the composition and feet after the procedure;
- antibacterial substances.
Indications and contraindications
Like any product, exfoliating pedicure socks have their pros and cons. They can help get rid of:
- corns on the soles of the feet;
- calluses and fresh calluses;
- keratinized skin.
Sometimes they talk about the anti-fungal effect, but this effect of the tool – byproduct, socks can not be used in a therapeutic capacity. The action of the agent becomes visible in 3-4 days after application (the first peeling), the duration of the process of regeneration of tissues depends on the individual characteristics of the skin and may last several weeks (1-2) to a month. It is recommended to carry out the procedure not more often than once in three months.
Contraindications to use:
- Women during pregnancy;
- In the presence of skin lesions in the foot area (wounds, cracks, abrasions, scuffs);
- In the case of skin diseases;
- Allergy to components contained in the active substance;
- During illness, with fever.
Side effects can be reddening of the feet, rashes, swollen tissues, broken nails, painful feet – often observed if you do not comply with the exposure time and thin, sensitive skin on the feet, with an unknown allergy to the ingredients of the composition.
When using exfoliating pedicure socks, you must strictly follow the included instructions.
Learn more about use
Before using the socks, carry out the following procedures:
- Wash your feet with soap and water.
- Wipe dry.
- In the case of painted toe nails – remove the nail polish.pedicure exfoliating socks how to use
- Cut the socks along the marked line. If the active ingredient is attached separately, open the sachets and pour the compound inside the socks.
- Put the socks on, secure them with Velcro or ties to restrict air access inside. Wear regular socks on top of the mask.Pedicure exfoliating socks how to put on
- Keep the exfoliator for the time specified in the instructions (the duration varies from 30 minutes to 2 hours).
- After the procedure, wash your feet with cosmetics.koskoski for pedicure exfoliating how to wear properly
After the effect (3-7 days), the skin begins to peel and tear, like a sunburn. At this time you can not peel the skin, use scrubs, saws, pumice stone, moisturizing and nourishing creams or ointments.
Pros and cons
Exfoliating pedicure socks have gained many fans because of:
- cost and time savings;
- Safety, packaging is individual and designed for one application;
- The possibility to conduct the procedure at a convenient time.
There are alternatives:
- Gel socks – impregnated with a mixture of different oils, moisturize the skin, soften dead tissues. Clean the softened areas of the skin with mechanical means (files, pumice stone). Less effective, gel socks should be worn every other day (minimum) for 20-45 minutes to get the effect.
- Gel socks for pedicure
- Liquid pedicure blade – a group of preparations (gels, liquids) based on fruit acids. It is designed to treat the skin of the feet and perform an uncut manicure. Reduces the risk of fungus infection to a minimum.
- Liquid pedicure blade
- Foot masks based on natural products containing acids. Require the cost of buying the right products, time to prepare. Inferior in effectiveness, although much safer.
- Mask for the feet on the basis of natural products containing acids